Wednesday, January 14, 2009

SpiNninG gOLd

I've decided on the next fibre art
I want to learn!

This is a surprise to me..
because I never thought
that I would ever

want to learn to SPIN!
I mean, I just couldn't see why
I would ever want to.
But this book has inspired me
And shown me a new world
of possibilities:
Intertwined: The Art of Handspun Yarn, Modern Patterns and Creative Spinning (Handspun Revolution)

I have been to
MANY festivals, and shows,
and the spinners have NEVER
intrigued me enough
to pique my interest, or fascination.
And that's a big thing.

Fascination!

Even the word is fun to type.
Fascination! Fascination!

Fascination makes the world go round.

Passion, and fascination go hand in hand.
When you are fascinated, you are passionate.
Passionation makes the world go round.

Anything less is boring.

But now, well I totally see why I want to!
I have some things in mind.
And they are not your average things.
Oh, no!
That is not my style.
I need new!
Different!
Experimental!
I want to learn to spin now!

So I borrowed a video
from the library.

Spinning and plying textured yarns with Patsy Zawistoski.

It's advanced.
There were no videos on the basics.
But I've been studying the topic a while
and I got most of the video. : )

Even figured out the difference
between a Z and a S twist.
I have different ideas about
what the terms should be
but I'll save that for another
post.
: )

No comments: