Friday, December 19, 2008

oVeRLy oPtiMiStiC

I think I'm overly optimistic.

On December 2, I wrote that my garden was a winter wonderland, and I posted pics of the virgin planting of our garlic.

All was green, and lush looking, and the weather was almost balmy.

I also have been nursing along five tomato plants in the lovely little greenhouse I designed with recycled shower doors.

Well, now we have snow up to my thighs, and the tomatoes are finished.

I picked all the frozen tomatoes off the vines today, and cut the plants off. I harvested about 10 pounds of nature-frozen little gems. I will make some sauce, once I find out a little more information about green tomatoes. ( I only know about fried green tomatoes) I don't think they will kill me, or anything, like rhubarb leaves ...

So our winter wonderland is really quite the wonderland!

It's sooo beautiful!!

I love it.

I don't mind driving in it at all, either.
Although I only drive when absolutely necessary, preferring to walk when I can.
The town is pretty much shut down though, which is weird since lots of places live with this kind of snow all winter. But I guess they are used to it and we aren't.

We haven't had a snow like this since my son was one, and I carried him in the backpack and walked the roads with only a footpath to get to the grocery store.

It was quite heavenly, and peaceful!

Just like it is now.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww that picture is really pretty! i love the snow :]